- This event has passed.
Roger’s Ride to Niagara Falls
June 2, 2018 @ 6:00 am - June 3, 2018 @ 6:00 pm$85
You are welcome to join us on this 100 mile cycling adventure, which many of our riders call the best century ride anywhere. Our day will include scenic overlooks of Lake Erie, the wonderful vineyards of winery country and the pure joy of coasting the last mile downhill to our final destination, Niagara Falls.
If this is your first trip with us, you will find the route is very scenic, gently rolling with few hills, and that we break the day’s ride into manageable sections. We want to note that this is still one hundred miles. Riders are encouraged to train prior to the ride to be able to sustain a moderate average pace. For those of you on your second, third or umteenth ride, welcome back. For each of you, we look forward to sharing this part of life’s journey.
- Meet at Gibson Park in North East, PA, Saturday, June 2nd at 6:23 A.M. We will need to be on the road by 7:01 A.M. to preserve daylight.
- Bring some food/goodies to share with the group.
- Helmets are mandatory!
- One rule—you may ride as fast as you like to each checkpoint, but must wait until the last rider has a chance to refresh. This is a tour-not a race!
- Bring identification for customs! Passports, Enhanced drivers license or passport cards is required. We would hate to leave you at the border….
- A 12 passenger van and a box truck will be with us for support.
- Meals and room costs are on your own. We coordinate the booking with Michael’s Inn By The Falls. Rooms start at $125.00 US and up.
- After breakfast on Sunday, June 3rd, we ride to Niagara-on-the-Lake, a 16-mile, beautiful ride on a bike path beside the Niagara River.
- We normally return to North East by 6:00 P.M. or so Sunday, June 3rd.
- Questions??? Call Roger at 814-724-4850 (office) 814-337-5111 (home) or 814-720-5111 (cell).
We look forward to hearing from you. See you on the ride!